Any solicitor can try and run a Licence Suspension Appeal, but why would you use anyone other than an expert or an accredited specialist? You need a licence appeal lawyer with experience.


When Can You Appeal a Licence Suspension in NSW?

You CAN appeal against a Licence Suspension in the following circumstances:

  • RMS suspension for exceeding the speed limit by 30km/h or 45km/h (you will receive a suspension letter after paying the infringement notice)
  • On the spot suspensions for drink driving and traffic offences such as mid range PCA, high range drink driving, driving in a manner dangerous, speed dangerous, street racing, burnout and more.
  • P plate licence suspension for demerit points loss

You cannot appeal a Licence Suspension for demerit points loss if you have a full licence.


IMPORTANT: There are no second chances with Licence Appeals – you have to get it right the first time as the Court’s decision is binding. Our experts have the experience to focus your Appeal on the important issues. We will advise you on how the process works at court, how to prepare properly including gathering supporting documentation and generally what to expect. There is a strong chance that you will need to give evidence on the Appeal.


Time limits apply – 28 days is the time in which any Appeal must be lodged after you receive the RMS notification letter or find out that you are suspended. For assistance in lodging an Appeal, contact us immediately.

Can You Appeal Against A Suspension Notice?

Yes – If it is for speeding by more than 30km/h or 45km/h.

Yes – if it is against an on the spot suspension notice issued by police for offences such as mid range drink driving, high range drink driving, manner dangerous, speed dangerous, burnout, street racing etc.

Yes – if you are a P-plater whose licence is suspended for demerit points loss.

No – if you were on a Good Behaviour Licence and you incurred demerit points.

No – if you lost all of your demerit points.

Time limits apply – contact us right now for advice.